A mental workout is a form of exercising the mind.
"The most meaningful aim of contemplative practice is not rest and relaxation but rather the progressive development of an expanded consciousness and its healing capacities (Dacher 2006)."
I am glad that I am taking this class and I look forward to the benefits of mental training. I struggle with feeling burdened by challenges and stress in life. I often carry the "weight of the world" on my shoulders, trying to help everyone. I am going to try to take more time for myself. I am going to take walks and try to start and end each day either journaling or praying out loud to help relax my body and clear my mind.
"Research studies and personal reports have also demonstrated that mental training can transform the mind by reducing disturbing emotions that cause anger, hatred, fear, worry, confusion, and doubt while enhancing positive emotions such as patience, loving-kindness, openness, acceptance, and happiness (Dacher 2006)."
~Amy Summey
Source
Dacher, E. S. (2006). Integral Health: The Path to Human Flourishing. Laguna Beach: Basic Health
Publications, Inc. .
Amy- Finding a quiet place to practice is key. When I read the getting started section that was the first thing that they suggested a quiet space that was dedicated to your practice that you look forward to. As I get further into my practicing I plan on building myself a private quiet corner to practice in. My first experience was so wonderful that I plan on implementing it in my daily routine regularly.
ReplyDelete